Building Alaska's Future
Build Alaska General Contracting LLC
SOQ - Statement of Qualification:
BUILD Alaska General Contracting LLC is a full-service general contracting, construction management provider. Our experience is very diverse— to include general contracting specific to the following areas: government contracts, civil construction services. Our legacy is steady—we are proud to have provided commercial construction services in Alaska for more than 18 years. BUILD Alaska General Contracting is completely dedicated to serving our clients, our communities and significantly the people who make BUILD Alaska who we are.
BUILD Alaska is owned and operated by Mary VanLiere, Mary was born and raised in Alaska, Mary is Aleut Alaskan Native. She has been directly involved in the construction industry since 1994, her experience covers civil construction, small commercial construction and government/public contracting. Her passion and commitment to this industry has grown over the years providing success and integrity for the company. From 1992 to 1998 Mary was employed by National Bank of Alaska holding positions as a front line teller, advancing to loan officer clerical operations. From 1998 to current Mary has owned and operated her own construction business licensed and registered within the state of Alaska.
The operations of BUILD Alaska LLC are overseen and directed by Mary VanLiere. The following tasks outline daily operations performed by Mary:
- Estimating and Bidding
- Administration and Accounting
- Project Management
- Logistical Planning and Management
- Financial Strategizing for business advancement
- Contract Management
BUILD Alaska has successfully completed the following contracts in the last 8 years ranging from $40K to $740K:
- 5 State of AK Construction Contracts issued by the Department of Natural Resources - State Parks Design and Construction. Fairbanks, AK - Kodiak Island, AK - Anchorage, AK - Various Locations throughout AK.
- 3 AK Marine Highway Construction Contracts - Alaska Department of Transportation Cordova, AK.
- 1 National Park Service Construction Contract, Bettles, AK.
- 1 Western Federal Lands Highways Division - US Department of Transportation - Federal Highway Administration Construction Contract - Denali National Park, AK.
- 5 Kenai Peninsula Borough Construction Contracts - Kenai, AK - Homer, AK - Anchor Point, AK.
- University of Alaska Anchorage Construction Contract - Homer, AK.
The above contracts were completed well in advance of the Substantial Completion dates. These projects included both Civil and Vertical construction. Please see Build Alaska’s Web Site: buildingalaska.net for further details and scope of work for the above contracts. Reference letters have also been listed on the web site.
BUILD Alaska Certifications:
- HDPE Pipe Welding & Electro Fusion
- Alaska Certified Erosion & Sediment Control Lead
- Alaska Department of Labor Certificate of Fitness
- Occupational Safety and Health Training - Fall Protection Authorized User
- ATSSA Registered Flagger
- Crane Rigging - Signaling
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential - TWIC
- SAM, DUNS, Cage
Since BUILD Alaska was formed in 2005 we have been dedicated to providing the finest quality in pre-construction and construction services, while looking to our strong set of values for a very demanding industry. BUILD Alaska General Contracting LLC is Alaska Native owned and is a certified Women, Minority, Small Business.
The Mission Statement to which we adhere is “To build with integrity while exceeding the expectations of our clients, business partners, employees and communities”. Construction is truly a service industry and we understand that in order to enjoy growth and continued success we must remain committed to serving our clients.
BUILD Alaska General Contracting has a competitive portfolio of work that spans across Alaska. Our Values are and will continue to be the following:
- Rewarding Work Environment
- Commitment to Excellence